Why get a Mobile Friendly Website?
Responsive Web Design
Due to a growing number of media-enabled devices, it has become extremely difficult to keep up with design changes made to fit every other new device that comes up – be it iPad, smartphones, or even multi-screen computer systems. All of these require a specific website design based on the screen resolution of the devices.
If we do not keep up with this or find an alternative solution, we might lose out on our target audience and anyone who uses the latest gadgets.
Responsive Web design can be defined as design and development of internet-based content such as website/application that responds to the user’s environment based on screen size, platform and orientation.
The content is simple – when a user decides to switch between the gadgets, the website being browsed should also customize itself in terms of resolutions, font and image sizing and content display. This is the need of the hour. If you need a business website that converts, you definitely need to ensure its mobile friendly.
Why is it more effective?
- Incorporates flexibility: A responsive design allows to keep up with constantly changing technology, therefore enabling the websites to adapt to the new devices which are invented from time to time.
- Increase in Online Presence: Use of responsive design helps boost SEO activity as it ensures that the traffic and the resulting clicks are not split across multiple versions of the website. Also, it is important to be aware of the fact that if Google finds content from a particular site duplicated multiple places, it drops the brand in its SEO rankings, and thus it is less likely to come up in the first few pages of search results.
- One-point measurement of traffic: With a responsive website, it becomes easier to track who visits it based on the number of clicks it gets. Whereas with multiple versions, it is harder to keep track of its statistics, as the total traffic is divided across the mobile and non-mobile versions of the website.
- Cost effective and efficient: Usually, designing a responsive website is a high investment area initially. However this decision easily becomes cost-efficient in nature as it is a one-time investment, as you don’t have to pay amounts to maintain multiple versions in perpetuity.
- Better user interface: Designing a website which is responsive in nature enables an engaging experience for the user, no matter what device is used to access the website